Friday, November 25, 2005

Give Thanks

You know i think that i sang a song in choir at one point in time titled "Give Thanks". But that has nothing to do with anything. I havent written in forever!! So sorry about that. I am not in school, but somehow i find my life still busy at times, which is crazy. But- this week has been a great break, even tho i have all the other time off too. Reflecting back yesterday on what i am thankful for. There is so much- i mean really, nothing on this earth is ours. "From him, through him, and to him are all things". Thats such a huge concept and i find myself losing humlity when i get caught up with this world. But the truth is we deserve nothing. Without Christ in our lives, we are worthless. But Praise be to God!! Through Christ we are made righteous, holy, blameless- a perfect 10 in Gods eyes. How incredible is that. How great is His love for us. I love the lyrics that claim "You see the depths of my heart and You love me the same, You are amazing God!!" Even our deepest, darkest secrets that we are too ashamed to reveal to anyone on this earth- our Father, the King of all creation(!!), sees the secrets in our hearts, and He still chose to send His Son and offer us His everlasting love and grace. And once we step out in Faith and choose to follow and love and trust him we are completely perfect covered in Christ's blood. Amen to that!! and oh how easy it is to revert back to our flesh and to search for acceptance and to be bound by the law, but even then, we forget we can do nothing for ourselves. No matter how hard we try to do the right thing or how far away we are from doing the right thing, we are covered in His blood. Once we accept Him, we are righteous because He lives in us, not because of what we do or do not do. What a relief!!! Nothing I do can change that. I am a daughter of the King, an heir to His kingdom!! Wow, what a wonderful truth to rest in. "Be still and know that I am God" He is good, and He is FAITHFUL. so faithful. Thank you Lord for pursuing me and protecting me. Thank you for holding me in the palm of your hand. Thank you for offering Your Son to stand in my place. You must increase Father, and I must decrease. Mold me, shape me, use me to bring all the glory to Your name. You truly are an amazing God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home