Friday, October 21, 2005

TGIF

hey people, i think im finally adjusting to being an hour ahead. its crazy to me how much one hour difference completely throws me off. well i just wanted post real quick what the doctors said this morning. Each day for the past like four days keeps getting better and better. They have me on benadryl and thorazine (those are protocols/ iv intervenous fluids....some of you actually do know what im talking about when i say all that so i put it down) anyways- those meds are making me extremely tired all the time, but they seem to be working, so hopefully my body can build up an immunity to the drowsiness side effect. But this morning (i dont see the same doctor every single morning) i saw Dr. Rosen and said lets see how things go...if i continue to do better and we can get my pain level down to a zero (here they have a pain scale so like all throughout the day the ask what is your pain level- the scale is a 1 to 5 scale). BUT if it can get down to zero they said maybe i can look at getting out at the beginning next week. wow- yea i know crazy. they say alot of times patients literally have panic attacks when they start to talk about discharing you from the hosipital, simply bc the whole what if this, what if that plays through all of our heads. Alot of people here in the hospital are local, so if something happens, they can just come back, but i was like look, chances are most likely i will not come back, this is a one time thing. Plus one of the doctors is supposed to come by today to look at my neck bc alot of you know my neck is always sore and the neck and migraines are correalted alot. If you think about it any of you who are around me alot, im always stretching my neck. everyone im talking to someone and i tell them that they are like- yea! you do!! it kinna makes me laugh- sorry tangent, not important. so basically- pray that everything will get figured out before they try to shove me out the door. now dont get me wrong, i want to come home, but i just dont want to leave here without fully benefitting from the program. plus, we are still trying to find abortives (the pain meds i take like right then when i have the head pain) and its essential for me to have three or four different types of abortives simply because if not i fall into rebound cycle- i know alot of you have heard me say im in rebound before. its like when you get a headache or migraine simply bc you have taken to much of the meds and now your body needs it so result is a migraine/ headache. AND most abortive meds can only be taken like twice a week b4 you fall into terrritory of rebounds- so thats why i need diff kinds. yes so i dont know if any of you followed any of that, but thats me trying my best to explain stuff. im also trying to hurry bc lunch started like 15 minutes ago. everyone is always hungry here, simply bc the food is ok- but all the head pain unit patients are on like a low glycemic diet ( i think thats what it is called) so basically none of us eat a whole lot, and we are always starving. yes well thats ok tho. sooo thats it for now. oh no wait- guys i got stuff from yall in the mail today- i just started crying!!! i cannot believe how much love and support all of you have just poured out. I have no idea how to express to yall how much it means, so i basically just tell you it means so much everytime one of you talk to me or message or something. ok- hope yall have a magnificent friday!!! ::christy::

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Christy,
Lacey told me you were in the hospital tonight, and I just wanted to let you know I am praying for you as well. You sound like you're holding up well, thus far. I love you.
Erica :)

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

C-dawg! did you get my mail? i love you my sweet sweet girl! talk t oyou sooN!!! -Sydney

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home