Thursday, January 03, 2008

The Iowa Caucuses

Well, I personally cannot wait to hear the results from the Iowa Caucuses. This year there is so much up in the air, and no one really knows what is going to happen. I thought I would take this post to discuss my frustration with the republican primary candidates. and with the democrats as well I guess. First off, I am a conservative. If you don't agree with me thats fine, but I just thought I would put down my opinion. Well the top three democratic candidates are virtually neck and neck in the polls- Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, and John Edwards. Out of the three I would prefer John Edwards, but obviously, I'm voting in the republican primary. Honestly thought, I will be really surprised if Hillary doesn't get the nomination. But she may not win Iowa, and that will be interesting. Now lets look at the GOP candidates. To be completely honesty, I am undecided. I do know that I am not voting for Juliani and I am most definitley NOT voting for Romney. And I'm not voting for Ron Paul. For some reason in Auburn there is a big Ron Paul group, and I just don't get that either. So that leaves McCain, Thompson, and Huckabee. I like all three of them. Neither one has me sold. I really liked Thompson back in September, but he just never really took off. How, might you ask, have I formed my opinions? Well, I would just like to say that Tim Russert on Meet the Press has interviewed almost all the candidates. Obviously I've looked at their websites and watched some of the debates and of course Fox News, but the interviews that Tim Russert did were just really good. You can watch them online on the Meet the Press website if you are interested. I'm still undecided, but I really hope Huckabee beats Romney tonight in Iowa. I can't quite explain why I have such a huge problem with Romney, but it's mostly because he seems fake, arrogant, and who knows how he really feels about issues because he changes his mind every few years. So there you go, that is my opinion, for now. Alabama's primaries are in feburary so I have to make up my mind by then. I guess the best way for me to end this post would just be to encourage everyone to get out and vote!! You have a say in who will represent your party in november so exercise that right!!! Be smart, get informed, and go vote!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home