Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Rich Colors


The fall has been so beautiful in Auburn this year. I was sad to head home for Thanksgiving and leave all the beautiful colors behind. It's pretty at home, but hands down, Auburn wins. Apparently, when there is not a lot of rain, it causes a pretty fall. Don't hold me to that- it's just something I heard. So anyways, before I left the loveliest village on the plains, I went up to campus to take some pictures. This is just one of the many pictures I took. I had so much fun. I took nearly 100 photos. Oh how I love digital. I really love taking pictures, but I'm not that great at it. I have decided that the only way I will ever get better is to just practice. So, that's one of my new goals. But I digress.

Back to the leaves. All the colors-reds, yellows, greens, oranges- blend together against the bright blue sky and it just makes me happy. So I was driving the other day with the windows down, breathing in fresh air and just thanking the Lord for His beauty all around me, and that verse from Ecclesiastes came to me: "He has made everything beautiful in its time." For some reason I found so much hope in that. All these beautiful trees go through all these seasons. And they are beautiful in each season, but in different ways. So I went and looked up that verse. Here's what jumped out at me(it's Ecc. 3 from the amplified bible):

"TO EVERYTHING there is a season, and a time for every matter or purpose under heaven....He has made everything beautiful in its time. He also has planted eternity in men's hearts and minds [a divinely implanted sense of a purpose working through the ages which nothing under the sun but God alone can satisfy], yet so that men cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end."

Just to hear that and certain things just be affirmed in my heart was so encouraging. And I also loved it because we are entering Christmastime, which ties in the season theme. It was just exactly what my heart needed to hear. Thank you Lord for Your word- thank you that it changes us and shapes us into who you created us to be.

Thanksgiving is tomorrow and my heart is truly overflowing with gratitude for the blessings the Lord has poured out over the past few months and with humility simply because I don't deserve any of it. I'm so thankful to just truly be thankful, because it has been so so long. I didn't mean for this to become a cheesy "this is what i'm thankful for" post, but it did, sort of, so I'm just going to let it be. I hope everyone has a wonderful thanksgiving!! -lcg-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home