Friday, November 02, 2007

::Glory::

I was driving home the other day and took this picture. It's what I saw from my rearview mirror. I love this time of day when the sun is setting. Everything is just bathed in golden sunlight. For me, sunlight represents God's glory. So it is just amazing to see everything covered in His glory. "Oh, that we might know the Lord! Let us press on to know him. He will respond to us as surely as the arrival of dawn." (Hosea 6:3) I love that thought. As sure as the dawn, He will come.
I've been just chewing on this one thought all week, trying to figure out what it means to me: the art of losing myself in bringing You praise. It's so beautiful. And I think there are several layers to what it means. But everything lately seems to be coming back to the amazing truth that Christ in me is my hope of Glory(Colossians 1:27). Dying to myself, complete surrender is the key. I am worthless. I am nothing. I am just so messed up. I have nothing to offer. But because Christ dwells in me- this is how I can bring Glory to His name. Bottom line: it's all about God's Glory. Everything. All of it. My life, yours. We were created to bring Him Glory. We are most satisfied when He is glorified in us. How amazing is that. Life seems to be so incredibly complicated when it's really not. " Your Name and Renown are the desires of our hearts." (Isaiah 26:8)

1 Comments:

Blogger Corie said...

What a beautiful post.

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home