Tuesday, February 07, 2006

earthquake

Yesterday I got caught in the rain while I was outside walking with my Mom. It started to sprinkle and then you could hear the rain coming and then it started to pour. We started talking about hearing it coming and we reminissed about the earthquake that happened a few years ago. Now, I know what you are thinking. Alabama, an earthquake? what? Yes, I said earthquake. I don't know if anyone in Auburn felt it. And if you weren't in Montgomery three years ago, you have no idea what I am talking about. It may have been four years ago, not sure, but I do know I was in 11th grade. But anyways back to the story. I literally heard it coming. It sounded like a train and then the house shook and then it was over. It was like 3 or 4 in the morning. At first when I heard it coming I was scared to death. They always say that when a tornado is coming it sounds like a train. But when I didn't get sucked up I just thought that I was going crazy or dreaming or something, and I decided to go back to sleep. But that morning when I got up, my Mom told me that the news was reporting that there was an earthquake last night. My mom said that she heard like a train coming and then the house shook, and I was like I did too! It was nice to find out I was not crazy. I got to school and I had english first period. This class was so fun the entire year. We did a whole lot of laughing in there. Anyways we spent the whole hour talking about the earthquake and laughing at someone who called it a "hurriquake". I think it was Becky but i'm not positive. So isnt that crazy?? It barely registered on the rictor scale, but it did show up. Some people didn't feel it, but majortiy of people (at school that is) did feel it. Just one of those wierd things that is fun to reminiss about. And a fun story to tell people that weren't there. So have fun remembering where you were, or have fun laughing at this crazy story. Peaceout for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home