Monday, January 23, 2006

ive got nothing- sorry people

Ok, right now, I have no title. I guess we will see if I come up with one after I get done writing. I always want to have some really good title...especially if it is like a funny reference title, but then I feel I need to explain it, and then I go from that to something completely not what I came on to originally post. And I have another statement, well a few. One- I'm really sorry that half of the time my grammar sucks. It's not that I don't know how to write well, but I am just too lazy to do it- its just easier and that is what I like to tell myself. Two -I have not been posting that much lately. This is three but also kind of an explanation for two- I haven't really typed anything from my heart. But also I have had a lot on my heart lately so it was just easier to not think about, talk about, or write about it. Four- I always think of things to write about, but i just never make it to the computer. Ok, so now, this post unfortunately is not straight up a heart to heart, but I promise one is on the way.

So I have been watching some tv today (surprise). First complaint- The Today Show. This morning they had two segments that really upset me.
1- "How to Catch a Cheater"
I can't believe that cheating has become so rampant that they have a how to catch your spouse cheating on you actually in books and on tv. It is so sad to me. I don't want to live like that. I want my marriage to be founded on trust. Well other things too, but trust is one of them. But then I realized even if I marry the greatest guy in the world, I am not immune to that. Even great people screw up all the time. So I decided I had one option. All I can do is entrust my heart to the Father. I trust that who ever He gives my heart to is the best for me and ultimately for His Glory so there is no need to live in fear, but I still found the segment disturbing.
2-"The Art of Flirting"
This segment talked about teaching women how to flirt. "Flirting is power," this lady said. You can flirt your way into any position or place you want. I would be scared to death if I was a guy honestly. I can't believe she was teaching women how to manipulate their relationships, how to control those situations around them. And women wanting to control is not our role, but unfortunatley its an easy and common downfall of today. Women using their sexuality to get what they want from a guy is wrong, I don't care how you spin it.

Then I was watching A&E today- mondays they have 4 hours of 24. So I'm watching and I saw this commercial a couple of times come up for a new film they are presenting- "Flight 93". They are making a movie about the plane that was hijacked on 9/11 and then went down in Pennsylvania I believe. I am in NO way not crediting those people on that plane. Their sacrifices were huge, and I was proud to call them my fellow countryman.(one word, two words? i dont know) I just can't believe they are making a movie about it. The commercial shows people making the phone calls back to their families and telling them goodbye. Heck just the commercial made me cry- I change the channel when it comes on now. But I just can't believe they one made the movie and two are airing it on tv. Can you imagine how the family members left feel? Can you imagine how painful the experience was of losing their loved ones? And not only that, but now the movie will break their hearts all over again. I couldn't believe it and I was definately not impressed with the media of our country today.

Ok, now I will step down off my soap box. Thank you for listening :)

p.s.- this is my third time to come back and edit. i really need to improve my proofreading. maybe we can just blame it on my lack of school lately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home