Friday, May 12, 2006

my week

so right now i'm listening to the fray. i picked their cd up earlier this afternoon. its definitely worth the purchase- so far i love it. ah i digress. so, now the real reason for this post.

God is faithful. so faithful. How can i ever doubt Him? i'll fall into some kind of a funk and i get so mad at God. Last year i remember telling patrick and robin one night that i've never felt so far away from the Lord but at the same time felt so close to Him.

and wow- so much revelation about just me and how i handle friendships and patterns that i fall into and just such negative thinking. the Lord is showing me so much. He is literally remolding me, and at times it hurts so bad. but at times like these i'm so thankful. Last spring i had this total identity crisis. all these questions. who am i? what are my strengths? what makes me, me? why are people friends with me? i felt like i had no idea, like not even a clue, as to who i was. my identity is found in Christ. praise the Lord. but he made me exactly how i am for a purpose. a purpose so much bigger than me. and its been so amazing to have this chance to really look at who i am. to be at the point where i had nothing to offer. nothing. except just my very being. my very existence. and that was it. Jesus pulled me through. i mean like He was dragging me. i didn't want to go any farther.

alot of you may remember about me getting hit by a car. well half way hit. it was december of '04. i was walking across college street on the cross walk. i had just come out of cambridge. anyway when you walk across there are two lanes of traffic and this guy came out of no where. i think he was speeding just to catch that light to turn left onto magnolia. anyway the car brushed/hit me. i mean like my hip knocked off the mirror of the car and there was a dent on my boot where the tire ran over my foot and dirt all along my left leg from the car. i mean crazy. like if i had been like a tenth of a second later and i would have been gone. there were two girls a bit ahead of me. one of them came running up to me and the other one had run off screaming. the second girl came back and said she was sorry she ran but she thought there was going to be blood everywhere. i mean Jesus and his angels had to be completely surrounding me. and after all was said and done alot of people laughed and were like how can you walk into a car? which was fine i mean humor is fine. but the first girl who came over to me walked me on across the rest of the street and sat with me for a few minutes. and then she said something along the lines like obviously Jesus still has something for you here to do.

i tend to mark the start of my "sickness" (i dont know what else to call it) when i went to nashville at the beginning of Jan '05 for new years and passion and i had to go home because my head was so bad. literally my mom drove up from montgomery picked me up and drove back home in one day.

so anyways all of that story just has always been in the back of my mind ever since then. especially when i think what is happening to me. i don't want to do this anymore. and then i hear that He still has something he wants to do with me here.

wow so all of that was totally the Lord because i didn't plan on writing about that. maybe it will offer some encouragement somewhere. Jesus is just that good.

what i did get on here to say (im going to like mucho condense it now) is that i have had a good week. i have had a good week!! guys its been a long time since i have been able to say that.

so at the close of a completely wonderful unexpected week, I give all my praise to the Father. He is so good. All the glory truly belongs to Him and Him alone.

"So it's paramount that you keep the commandments of GOD, your God, walk down the roads he shows you and reverently respect him. GOD is about to bring you into a good land, a land with brooks and rivers, springs and lakes, streams out of the hills and through the valleys. It's a land of wheat and barley, of vines and figs and pomegranates, of olives, oil, and honey. It's land where you'll never go hungry--always food on the table and a roof over your head. It's a land where you'll get iron out of rocks and mine copper from the hills." Dueteronomy 8:6-9

Jesus I am eagerly awaiting the Promised Land you have set out for me. I want the abundant and full life that You have promised.

1 Comments:

Blogger ericka b said...

This started at Passion '05?! How did I not know that? That's when I got soooo sick and stayed sick for 3 weeks, when my parents almost withdrew me from school. (remember how out of it I was for my 21st b'day? it was during that sickness). That's a pretty crazy coincidence... makes me wonder if maybe Satan wanted to quench our Spirits... in a big way...

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home