Wednesday, July 19, 2006

freedom

Last night I was reading through Galations. The last half of verse 6 in chapter 5 just really stood out to me. "The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love." Wow. Chapter 5 talks alot about freedom and living in the Spirit. The Lord has had me parked there for a while. We are given freedom in Christ. But at the same time it takes discipline. That I am learning too. Constant surrender. Dying to my flesh daily. "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." I really like Galations because it talks alot about the law and how Christ fufilled the law. The other day this quote came to me from Legally Blonde- i know just hear me out. In one of her classes her professor writes on the board- the law is reason free from passion. and we then find out in the movie that those words were written by aristotle. and then i started thinking about the law in the old testament and how Christ fufilled the law. the old testament, in a way, could be considered reason free from passion. which means the new testament is Jesus coming in with passion and fulfilling the law. how cool is that? behold the power of love. Just something to think about. If you read galations my thoughts might make some kind of sense. So for now that's all. Let's walk in step with the Spirit so that we can experience His freedom, His abundant life that he has promised to us!!!