Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Nerve Block (phase two)

On Monday I went to UAB to get my second nerve block. This time they did it in my neck instead of my forehead. They made me look down for about fifteen minutes. Whenever I look down and strain my neck, the head begins to quickly escalate. Crazy I know. So they were finishing up the last shot and all of the sudden, out of nowhere I felt so sick to my stomach. Alot of times it will come on so quick. Deep breaths are a life saver. Usually they will aid in getting rid of the nausea. So that was the only bump in the road as far as the whole process goes. My neck was really sore for the rest of monday. All my muscles were just really tight. I was a little better yesterday. It could take up to 5 or 6 days to see results. Today my head is hurting pretty bad though. I hate it because I start doing pretty good and then it just gets bad again. I have to be ever so careful everyday. They told me up in michigan that chronic migraines is a type of disorder. You can almost compare it to diabetes as far as trying to control it. I have to take my medicine the same time three times a day every day. If wait more than 30-45 minutes after I'm suppose to take it, the pain goes up. If I don't eat at certain times, the pain again goes up. If I don't get enough sleeep, if I get upset, if I stay in the sun too long, if I eat one of the foods that triggers my head, if I try to keep going after it gets so bad- all of these are things I have to avoid each and everyday. Thats why it is so hard to come to auburn because it is so hard to maintain my scheduele, atleast for now. I am learning what self-discipline and time management really looks like and how to use effectively to keep the pain level down for my head. I will definitely come back and let everyone know if the nerve block does work. Thanks so much for all your prayers and just continuing to check in on me. It means so much.

2 Comments:

Blogger jared.smith said...

girl.. know that you have folks praying for you.. HE is faithful!!! thanks for keeping us up to date.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Billie said...

praying for you kiddo.

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home