Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Head Update

I haven't posted how my head is doing for a while, so I thought I would give everyone an update. I've been I guess good and bad all at the same time. The month of May was great. I saw my doctor at the beginning of June and he took me down on my dosage of one of my meds. I called them just last week and asked if I could go back up, simply because I really think that could be one reason why I haven't been as good.

I coming back to school. Duh. I've said that a million times now. I guess I should say I haven't changed my mind and I'm still Auburn bound for the fall. I was in Auburn yesterday (just a quick trip to the apartment) with my parents and it was fun to just be in town.

I'm excited about my living arrangements too. Courtney Powell is living with me as well as my sister. Courtney is seriously one of the sweetest people I know. I'm excited about living with Brooke (my sis). She is so great and it will be her freshmen year, so it will be fun to watch her just finding and figuring everything out. And if I should get really bad (my head), I have her there, which is nice. And home is only 35 mintues away (yep, 35 from the auburn exit to my driveway, pretty good huh?) I'm scared, but I was talking to a friend the other day and told her i was scared and she told me that she was scared too and she had already been there for 2 years. Made me laugh but also was good to hear.

I've just got to be super disciplined and not try to do too much. I still can't do a full day. We went to gatlinburg a couple of weeks ago and i took pain meds everyday there and for about a week after- it was just too much. so basically i have to go slow. take my time. and realize i don't have to be the social butterfly i once was. And I go back to the doctor on sept. 6 - which is comforting for me to know.

I've also realized that I can't wait around to feel GREAT-you know. because i mean who ever really feels great? somedays are great, but everyone has days where you just simply don't want to get out of bed. so that revelation has been encouraging.

Again, thanks to everyone who has prayed for me and encouraged me. I honestly don't know how I would have gotten to this place without all of your love and support. so basically, you guys rock, and don't ever forget that!! MUCH love
-cg-