Saturday, March 25, 2006

the upcoming week...

hello friends. i just got back from the beach. it was absolutely FREEZING, but it is always good to get away from home and just soak up the beauty that always surrounds the beach. yes, well i haven't been to auburn in such a long time. i still love all of you and miss you very much, but i decided to branch out and look for people to hang out with in montgomery. the Lord has pretty much placed me right in the middle of a community here in the gump. the people have such amazing hearts, and they welcomed me the minute i walked through the door. they are alot older than me but they respect me and what i have to say which is really cool. the Lord has just really opened alot of oppurtunities for me to be surrounded by community and truth, which i have firgured out is essential in this crazy world. my head is where i am at the point where i can do like one thing for the day. after that i have to put the ice back on the head and i also have to have atleast one day of nothing to completely recouperate from the past week. its so funny how i used to go and go and go before i got so sick. things are so different now. but its good. i am finally realizing this is exactly where i am supposed to be and accepting it instead of be bitter or frustrated. well ok frustration is still there, but i think thats something everyone faces on a weekly basis if not daily. i also have started taking piano lessons which is really cool. i have always envied anyone who can play. i've gone through a couple of pieces but the main thing that i have accomplished is that i can finally read music again. im starting to take this new class where they teach you chords and a few other things i dont know really know how to describe it, but i am excited. its been so fun to literally discover during this time who i am and what passions the Lord has placed within me and what gifts He has so graciously given me. but back to the actual reason i wanted to post- i have three doctors appointments this week. i have been praying that the Lord would 1 heal me but 2 reveal to the doctors what it is they can do to help me. i am still learning how to approach the Lord and what to ask for in my situation. its been quite interesting. ah revelation after revelation. or i guess better phrased re-revelation after re-revelation. digressing sorry. i made an appointment with a chiropracter (sp?) this week. i am really interested to hear what he has to say. 50% of people i have talked to think they are amazing. the other half seem to well think the other way around. so alot coming up. sorry this post was kind of lengthy. i also must say that i heard a couple of really long messages here at my house and it took forever for them to get to the point. i then realized that i leave extremely long messages which im sure is funny but really annoying too. so i am trying to make a conscious effort to be short and sweet and to the point. voice messages that is. i dont think i can size down the journaling thoughts. ok well, thats all for now folks!
-christy

1 Comments:

Blogger ericka b said...

Thanks for the update- it's good to see you embracing where Father has you right now. Have you tried the green pen for your Bible idea yet? If not then I hope you will soon... it is so great to look back on later and see how you grew through struggle.

Christy, I can't wait to see what God is going to do through this. He just keeps revealing to me reasons for all my health and vocal problems-- it's been 7 years since that all began and I am still learning the "why" behind it all (and it's exciting to think I still only know a small bit of the whole truth of "why"!) Never believe the lie that there is not a specific reason for all this- trust me, there is! I can't wait to hear you play piano- EXCITED about that!

Keep me updated girl. Love you so much! Just keep fighting for that JOY!

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home